Terms & Conditions
Actsmart Carbon Challenge Terms and Conditions
Actsmart (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’), requires a guardian or parent to register on behalf of a child
(person under 13 years of age) user of this website.
As users may register using personal details, these details will not be available to the general public. Your “Display Name” field will be visible to other registrants once logged in. Users must not impersonate another living person or registered user. If you choose to enter your suburb after registering, it will be visible to other registrants.
We may refuse registration of users whose suggested registration details are considered inappropriate. Grounds for refusal may include:
- offensive content;
- defamatory content;
- inappropriate content;
- copyright infringement;
- brand names or registered trademarks.
We reserve the right to refuse registration at our sole discretion.
Passwords and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your Carbon Challenge account, you should notify Actsmart immediately.
Use of the website by children
We recommend if a child (person under 13 years of age) uses this website their use of the website should be supervised by a parent or guardian.
Users are recommended to only accept friends known to them or a supervising parent or guardian.
Quality of information
We endeavour to make sure that information provided on this website is correct at the time of its publication.
However, as necessary you should obtain independent advice before making any decision based on the information on this website. The information on this website is made available on the understanding that the Australian Capital Territory (the Territory), Actsmart, their servants and agents, to the extent permitted by law, accept no responsibility for any damage, cost, loss or expense incurred by you as a result of:
- any error, omission or misrepresentation on this site
- any malfunction or failure to function of this site
- without limiting the above, any delay, failure or error in recording, displaying or updating information, including but not limited to, data relating to credit holdings.
Where there are known limitations to the information provided online, we will include an explanation of these limitations wherever possible. If there is any material that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know and it will be corrected as soon as possible.
If you use electronic services offered on this website, you should understand that, while we use our best endeavours to ensure the availability of these services, they cannot be guaranteed.
We recommend that you ensure current anti-virus software is operating on your computer at all times.
This website may contain links to other websites (linked sites). These links have been included on this website with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. Actsmart has no control over linked sites, and as a result:
- we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information which appears on linked sites
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites. The provision of a link does not imply that Actsmart endorses those sites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
Actsmart provides no warranty that this website will be free of infections by viruses or any other manifesting, contaminating or destructive properties
© ACT Government and Environment and Planning Directorate (unless indicated otherwise).
This website contains information, data, documents, pages and images (‘online content’) prepared by Actsmart. This online content is subject to copyright under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cwlth), and is entirely owned by the ACT Government through Actsmart, except for licensed photographic images where individual owners retain their respective copyright.
Actsmart encourages the availability, dissemination and exchange of public information for non-commercial use. Where Actsmart is the owner, you may copy, distribute, display, download and otherwise freely deal with web content for educational and non-commercial purposes, on the condition that you include the copyright notice ‘© ACT Government through Environment and Planning Directorate’ or otherwise source the content appropriately.
You must, however, obtain permission from Actsmart if you wish to:
- use a photograph or graphic from this website or a publication distributed via this website
- use Aboriginal content presented on this website, which appears with respect to a community protocol and is approved by a traditional knowledge-holder or knowledge-holders within the Aboriginal communities presented
- charge others for access to the work
- include all or part of the work in advertising or in a product for sale or revenue
- modify the work
- use source code or software available as part of the this website.
To request permission for these uses, please email email@example.com
If you intend to use online content from this website on another website, this should be done via a direct link to this website to ensure that the latest version is always displayed.
This permission does not extend to copyright in content owned by others on this website or to web pages or other content linked from this website. Unless expressly stated otherwise, you are not permitted to copy or republish that content without seeking the copyright owner’s permission.